In light of the current Coronavirus Pandemic (COVID-19) that is sweeping the globe currently – we would like to assure all our guests that we have implemented measures to best combat the spread of the virus.
Staff have been educated about the necessary procedures and cleaning schedules have been bolstered. Additional training will be given to staff on an ongoing basis to keep them informed of the latest developments.
We understand that many people will be choosing to cancel their travel plans or will be unable to travel due to domestic and international travel bans. We therefore have implemented the cancellation policies detailed below:
Existing Bookings done via on-line portals:
For all bookings done via on-line travel agents or other third parties – guests are advised to contact those providers directly for their specific cancellation polices.
Existing Individual Bookings:
All existing bookings up until 30 April 2020 can be changed or cancelled free of charge up to 24 hours before arrival, thereafter a 100% cancellation fee applies.
Any new bookings made from today to 31 March 2020 for travel until 30 April 2020 may be cancelled or changed free of charge up to 24 hours before arrival.
Existing group Bookings:
For all group and block bookings made directly with us – please contact us regarding the reservation.
Some general Information regarding the Coronavirus
It is spread in the following ways:
• Through the air, after coughing or sneezing – people could catch COVID-19 if they are standing within one meter of a person who has the illness, by breathing in droplets coughed out or exhaled by the ill person.
• Close personal contact, such as when shaking hands or touching others.
• Touching an object or surface on which the virus is found (after an ill person coughs or exhales close to these objects or surfaces such as desks, tables or telephones), then – before washing the hands – touching the mouth, nose, or eyes.
• Rarely from fecal contamination.
Symptoms take between 1 and 14 days to develop and are:
• Shortness of breath or difficulty breathing
Prevention methods and tips:
• Wash your hands often, especially after direct contact with people who are ill, or after being in environments where sick people are cared for, like hospitals. Remember to wash your hands regularly with soap and water for at least 20 seconds – even if they are not visibly dirty.
• Avoid close contact with people who have acute respiratory tract infections.
• Avoid touching the eyes, nose, and mouth with unwashed hands.
• Practice cough etiquette – when you cough, maintain your distance from others. Cover your mouth and nose with clothing, or with a flexed elbow or a tissue (discard it immediately) and wash your hands immediately afterwards.
• Avoid spitting in public.
• Clean and disinfect frequently touched objects and surfaces.
• Avoid eating raw or under cooked animal products. Handle raw meat, milk or animal organs with care to avoid cross-contamination with other uncooked foods. Use different cutting boards and knives for raw meat and other foods. Wash your hands between handling raw food – especially meat – and any other food.
• Do not eat the meat that comes from sick animals that have died of diseases.
Genesis All-Suite Hotel will continue to monitor the situation closely and amend the above policies accordingly as the need arises. We will take all necessary possible precautions in order to safeguard our staff and guests alike.
CORONAVIRUS HOTLINE – 0800 029 999